Experiencing an unforgettable Thanksgiving… The Porches way.
Fall in Steamboat is flying by and with the mountain opening in just a few short weeks it’s time to start prepping for one of our favorite holidays… Thanksgiving. At The Porches, we are lucky to spend the holidays not only with our family and friends, but with all of our wonderful guests and owners as well.
The Porches Guide to Thanksgiving
The Thanksgiving holiday is an opportunity to spend time with family and friends reflecting on all that we have to be grateful for. As we head into the season of giving, we thought we’d share a few tips with those of you spending your holidays away from home this year.
Tips for a worry-free Thanksgiving away from home…
If you’re spending your holidays in Steamboat or any other resort town, we have a few key recommendations…
– Shop early: As a small town, our choices in grocery stores are limited and as such so are the supplies. By shopping early in the week, you’ll be sure to have first pick at everything you need. By shopping early in the morning you’re sure to be in and out of the store well before the crowds.
– Talk to your resort ahead of time: Reach out to the resort you’re staying at and see what the kitchen is stocked with. This way you know that you’ll have all the utensils you need to create your Thanksgiving feast.
– Do your research: See if there are any caterers in town offering fully prepared Thanksgiving meals or look into local restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinners.
The Porches delivers an unforgettable experience…
Our homes are truly designed around bringing together all your family and friends under one roof. The spacious living areas allow everyone to gather around the fireplace to share memories, play games, and reminisce on previous family gatherings.
At The Porches, we also understand the importance of maximizing your time with your family over the holidays. That’s why we go above and beyond to make your time spent here as seamless as possible.
– Grocery delivery: Send us your list prior to your arrival and everything will be waiting for you in your home once you arrive. The less time you spend navigating the crowded stores, the more time you have to create new memories with your family.
– Last minute help: Missing an important ingredient? Whether you sent us your shopping list or you brought everything with you, if there is something you forgot, we are happy to supply it for you.
– Gourmet kitchens: Our fully stocked gourmet kitchens are the perfect place for everyone to come together to fill your home with wonderful aromas of old family recipes and prepare meals as a family.
– Full service concierge: For those of you looking to leave the cooking to someone else, our concierge is happy to help. We offer recommendations and arrangements for prepared Thanksgiving meals from local caterers to be delivered to you. Just heat in the oven and enjoy. For anyone looking to go out, we can also make reservations at some of our favorite places in town that serve traditional Thanksgiving dinners.
If we have one mission at The Porches, it is to help you to celebrate old traditions and maybe even create a few new ones in a place you’ll want to come back to year after year.
Things we are thankful for:
– Our wonderful Porches family; both within our staff and amongst our owners.
– The magical place we get to call home, Steamboat Springs
– And of course, powder days
Contact The Porches concierge for recommendations or reservations.